The L3 Allergen Management course is aimed at owners, head chefs, managers and supervisors who are responsible for serving and preparing open foods. The qualification is also suitable for those owning/managing smaller catering business.
What am I going to learn?
- The different roles in ensuring that food ingredients and allergens are effectively managed
- The characteristics of food allergies and food intolerances;
- Procedures relating to the accurate communication of ingredient information, from supplier to consumer;
- Hygiene considerations with regard to allergen and ingredient control;
- Procedures relating to the control of contamination and cross-contamination of allergenic ingredients.
Is there a an exam?
- The examination for this qualification is a 1 hour test of 30 multiple choice questions
- To achieve a pass, learners must answer at least 18 out of 30 (60%) questions correctly
- To achieve a distinction, 24 out of 30 (80%) questions must be answered correctly
- Exams are marked by the Awarding Body and the results/certificate are not available on the day of the course